Mitras lx7 and lightbar2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So.... I'm running two Mitras lx7 over a 150 gallon tall tank. 48"x 24"x 30" deep.
I'm thinking of adding one or two lightbars. One deep actinic to start, one actinic or ocean blue at a later date?
Who is running lx7 and lightbars together and why?
Is it possible to mount the lightbars higher off the tank? I have the lx7 about 10" off the surface now.
I'll probably run the lightbars for about 4 hours at peak time.
Also how are they for moonlight? The lx7 tend to be too bright for moonlight for my taste.
I do have a p4 to run them with.
I'd be grateful for any help or advice concerning this, thanks!

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The light bars have no lenses - the spread is about 110 - 120 % IME. They give a very homogenous illumination over the tank - close to T5 tubes. Depending of what you want to achieve with adding Mitrat LED bars to your tank you can vary the height. If you want to get more PAR - mount then low - If you want to give your tanke a better look - mount them high.

If you want to add more PAR to you tank - maybe a 3:rd Lx7 does the work better. Maybe a Lx7 with only 4 modules could work. If you want to add effect close to T5 tubes just mount them as high as you can without shadowing the Lx7

I´m only running LED bars on my tank - mounted low and I am very pleased with them. It is in some way the best of LEDs and T5 taking together IMO

The LED bars have RGB LEDs - this means that they give an impression of a whiter shine than other LED fixtures. IMO deep actinic is a good choice and actinic could work well too. IMO Ocean blue works (I have 4 bars - 2 Deep actinic, 1 actinic and 1 Ocean blue) but in your apåplication Deep actinic and Actinic would be best IMO

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The light bars have no lenses - the spread is about 110 - 120 % IME. They give a very homogenous illumination over the tank - close to T5 tubes. Depending of what you want to achieve with adding Mitrat LED bars to your tank you can vary the height. If you want to get more PAR - mount then low - If you want to give your tanke a better look - mount them high.

If you want to add more PAR to you tank - maybe a 3:rd Lx7 does the work better. Maybe a Lx7 with only 4 modules could work. If you want to add effect close to T5 tubes just mount them as high as you can without shadowing the Lx7

I´m only running LED bars on my tank - mounted low and I am very pleased with them. It is in some way the best of LEDs and T5 taking together IMO

The LED bars have RGB LEDs - this means that they give an impression of a whiter shine than other LED fixtures. IMO deep actinic is a good choice and actinic could work well too. IMO Ocean blue works (I have 4 bars - 2 Deep actinic, 1 actinic and 1 Ocean blue) but in your apåplication Deep actinic and Actinic would be best IMO

Sincerely Lasse
Thanks for the info!
I had kessil 360w's with the aquatic life t5 hybrid fixture before the Mitras and had good success with that combo. I really didn't like the whole fixture over the tank thing though. A deep tank is hard enough to get into as it is. I'm trying to replicate that setup. I do have shadowing with this setup, so I think I need to add to it.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently run 2 on one of my tanks with 3 LX7206 they are mounted slightly above the LX units.

I added them over another Lx7206, I was having some shadowing due to coral growth. I like the spread of the lights and how they go the entire length of the tank. I added the light bars and turned down the intensity of the lx7206 as part of acclimating them to the tank. It like have t5 with led :) all controlled by the P4 :)

OP
OP
Scdell

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently run 2 on one of my tanks with 3 LX7206 they are mounted slightly above the LX units.

I added them over another Lx7206, I was having some shadowing due to coral growth. I like the spread of the lights and how they go the entire length of the tank. I added the light bars and turned down the intensity of the lx7206 as part of acclimating them to the tank. It like have t5 with led :) all controlled by the P4 :)
Thank you for the input! I think I'll be adding a deep actinic light bar.I'll buy the ballast that will run 2 lightbars in case I need to add another lightbar. Now I just have to figure out how to mount them.
I really like the P4 controllability.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%

Back