Mix 'n Match test kit mashup.

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any pieces and parts you love from one test kit, but arent thrilled with it overall? I for one love RedSea's titration test holder. But, i hate the rest of the kit. Way more complicated than it could be. But, i love salifert's cal/mag/alk kits, but the vials are cheapo plastic and i need both hands to test. So i refilled my redsea kit with salifert stuff and love it. Easy one handed quick accurate tests! I know this isnt feasable with most kits because the color charts are made for the specific vials in the kits, but what are your favorites? What are you doing for testing, do you have a favorite mashup? What parts would you keep or wish another kit would do?

1000006430.jpg

OP
OP
Red_Beard

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea titration holders and glass vials are awesome. I also love the plastic spoons.
Right? I like all of the redsea 'stuff' that comes with the kits, the wheel that comes with the nutrient kit is pretty neat too. But I find their test methods to be a little tedious and time consuming compared to others. An extra vial of this or that requiring 5 drops and 13 minutes wait...

taricha

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea titration holders and glass vials are awesome. I also love the plastic spoons.
I use those spoons for a bunch of things. So sometimes I have to scramble to find one when it wandered off from the kit.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 55.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back