Mixed Bubble Tip Anemone Tank

Very cool thread. I'm thinking of starting a BTA-only tank, from my previous experience I'm concerned about two things:

- lighting: what par do you keep? I kept mine in around 200-300 par, but i've heard (and habitat studies have said) that 100-200 will work?

- what kind of rockwork do you use to keep the anemone from floating about? :D Again IME, they need a small cave-thing for their foot.
 
I've seen this thread many times, and still click through when I see it pop back up.

Did you ever say what sort of PAR you run in this tank?
 
No clue on my par, but have 2 kessil 360s over a 90g and they get up to 95% during the light cycle. Some nems are just under them, some lower in tank.
 
So I’ve seen a lot of people post pics with nem mixing but I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone have two species of clownfish like you have in this tank! (Post 113)

Looks like an ocellaris and a gold stripe maroon?
 
Wow, I just saw this thread. This is the most beautiful tank I’ve seen! Great job!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new