Mixed Reef Radion Schedule Advice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

BCollins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone had some opinions on a Radion schedule for a mixed reef tank. I'm running about 40% currently and want to see some better growth and coloration in the SPS on the top of my rock work. Mostly LPS in other areas of the tank.
b42f4f4da694d8dd4268abc77fd6e6dc.jpg

Any suggestions on photo period and intensity?

creas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the tank size and which Radion are you using? Also what are your nitrate and phosphate levels? I had an XR15 G3 Pro over a 24x24x20 and slowly raised the intensity to 70%. Then I adjusted the corals in the tank to brighter or dimmer areas and waited to see what happened.

OP
OP
BCollins

BCollins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the tank size and which Radion are you using? Also what are your nitrate and phosphate levels? I had an XR15 G3 Pro over a 24x24x20 and slowly raised the intensity to 70%. Then I adjusted the corals in the tank to brighter or dimmer areas and waited to see what happened.

It's a reefer 170 so 34g display. Running an XR30w. Nitrates and phosphates are zero. Here's a snapshot of my current schedule
93bb671bdce8d44a9931604cde8bf592.jpg

Robthorn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well corals aren't the fastest things to see growing but you can just start ramping up your overall intesity a few % a week. Just make sure your alkalinity consumption keeps going up and your colors stay good and you know you haven't gone too far.

creas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are truly getting zero Nitrate and Phosphate then that is most likely the issue. In a Jason Fox lecture that was recently posted he lists the 3 most important things, in order, as: #1 water parameters, #2 Flow (specifically random, pulsing flow and LOTS of it) and #3 Lighting. Overall your tank looks really good! :)

OP
OP
BCollins

BCollins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well corals aren't the fastest things to see growing but you can just start ramping up your overall intesity a few % a week. Just make sure your alkalinity consumption keeps going up and your colors stay good and you know you haven't gone too far.[/

What is the highest I should ramp them up to?

Robthorn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't believe there is a number anyone can tell you. You are the one testing and observing.
Go slow and be ready to back it down if you see anything negative at all.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back