Mixed Reef - Red Sea Max S-650

upload_2019-4-1_19-5-22.png


20190401_193338.gif


upload_2019-4-1_19-5-55.png


upload_2019-4-1_19-4-45.png


upload_2019-4-1_19-6-18.png


Cheers!
Really, really nice stuff.

 
13 days later update!

13APR19
top lefty.jpg


Monti is almost healed from the gray/bleaching event:

monti healed.JPG


Documenting this monti for growth, its the second coral I have added since the tank move/upgrade last summer. It lost all its color acclimating to my tank, now its almost back to where it started, tiny bit of growth. (I mow the Xenia down around it each week.)

upload_2019-4-13_12-19-14.png


FTS

upload_2019-4-13_12-10-40.png


Algae phase is slowing going away, cyno eating it like a champ. I had to increase 2 part dosing this past week.

Cheers!
 
Last edited:
Quick two week update, nothing much to report, upped my 2 part dosing again, about 140mL daily of each.

28APR19
upload_2019-4-28_19-31-46.png


upload_2019-4-28_19-32-57.png


Cheers!
 
I turned this rock around after my weekly WC and was surprised to find my long lost blue mushrooms doing well.

upload_2019-5-8_17-8-0.png


Got a war going on in the middle of the tank, its 4 species fighting for space.

upload_2019-5-8_17-8-45.png


More mushrooms doing well.

upload_2019-5-8_17-9-52.png


Found an Aiptasia.

upload_2019-5-8_17-11-23.png


Cheers!
 
My BTA split this past weekend and then the two new ones decided to walk off in opposite directions.

Tank is going strong, I'm going to frag the frogspawn and other red plating monti very soon.

09JAN20
1578595181382.png


Cheers!
 
@McFly What type of gyres are you using on this. I have the same set up but and I can't make my mind up on what to use for water movement.
 
2/16/21 Texas Winter Freeze:

1622666255219.png


No power (or heat) for 3 days, but most of the tank survive!

5/31/21:

1622666325113.png


Cheers!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new