Mixed Reef - Red Sea Max S-650

05DEC2021

Was time to frag. Moved the clam down, restarted the birdsnest and digi.

1638746369340.png


1638746510051.png


1638746536969.png


1638746575829.png


1638746614592.png


1638746653315.png


1638746696802.png
 
Last edited:
Love seeing this tank do so well. At the moment my Max S-650 is almost a year old and ive lost so many corals trying to find the right flow and parameters for my tank.
I see you have the 2 gyres, are you also using the 4 stock jets on the rear of the tank? Mine are like 4 rocket jets at max and near min they create a ton of micro bubbles.
 
Love seeing this tank do so well. At the moment my Max S-650 is almost a year old and ive lost so many corals trying to find the right flow and parameters for my tank.
I see you have the 2 gyres, are you also using the 4 stock jets on the rear of the tank? Mine are like 4 rocket jets at max and near min they create a ton of micro bubbles.
I'm only running 1 & 4 right now; both middle stock jets are off.
 
How are your stock rear jets pointed? I always fight with those things to keep the sand at bay.

I'm only running the two on the ends right now. They are pointed down and away.

I'm not a huge fan of the stock pumps. I use the gyres for most of my flow.

1665939347469.png
 
I'm only running the two on the ends right now. They are pointed down and away.
I'm not a huge fan of the stock pumps. I use the gyres for most of my flow.
Im not a fan of the rear pumps just because they recirculate stuff that goes into the overflow. I want all the trash to go into the sump, not back into the tank.
 
07JAN23

After WC. Had to frag the green slimer and move to new location. Also, birdsnest got nuked by the bubble, had to frag and restart.

1673126240756.png
 
Last edited:
Your tank progress has been amazing to look at!!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new