Mixing anemones

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bcook1016
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bcook1016

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 8, 2024
Messages
229
Reaction score
53
Location
pittsburgh
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve got three anemones in my tank and one is a long tentacle green anemone and a rainbow bta and a Chicago sunburst bta I was wondering is it okay to mix them or will they kill each other
 
I’ve got three anemones in my tank and one is a long tentacle green anemone and a rainbow bta and a Chicago sunburst bta I was wondering is it okay to mix them or will they kill each other
All BTAs are Entacmaea quadricolor, they should be fine together.
As long as the tank is large enough for the anemones to move away from one another it should be fine.
How large is the tank?
 
Currently have an rbta and black widow in a 5 gallon. No issues. You can always run the risk of chemical warfare if they feel they need more space. I plan to add a chicago sunbust next once my LFS gets a smaller split as he sells them for $100.
1735326377903.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 8.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new