Mixing angels in an 180G

angelsandtangs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just for curiosity, why did you give the blueline angel such a long treatment?
The wife enjoyed her in the bedroom tank she was med free for all the time after treatment ,, was really about aggression also but one week said what the heck and dropped her in

angelsandtangs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe he meant 9 weeks
It was 9 months 3 months Qt with meds after eye showed improvement removed all meds and just left her their it was a 65 gallon with a few damsels and 2 baby doctor tangs a friend bout they were 1.5 by the time they all went into main tank the doctor tangs were 4 plus inches

OP
OP
sc50964

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of imperators smaller one finally changing to adult colors at 7 inches
Also have
Queen
Majestic
French
Blue line
Yellow
Blueface
Tried a passer and that did not work he beat the tar out of my bigger established majestic .. I think that’s all the angels I have laid up in bed after tricep surgery and on meds
So you have eight angels in a 400g. Are they no bigger than 7”? How long have you had them? And what’s your way to succeed in mixing same species Angel such as blue face, French, majestic, and Emperor? What’s a yellow angel?

OP
OP
sc50964

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 210g and have queen angle, blueface angle, emperor angle, goldflake angle, lemon peel angle, and flame angle and they all get along. I do have lots of caves and hiding spots in my rock work so maybe that helps.
How big are these angels? Were the blue face & emp introduced at the same time? I’m thinking you might have started on them when they were small & mixed the same genus species such as blue face & emp at the same time to alleviate aggression.

Monsaas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big are these angels? Were the blue face & emp introduced at the same time? I’m thinking you might have started on them when they were small & mixed the same genus species such as blue face & emp at the same time to alleviate aggression.
No each fish was added individually at different times. Again maybe I just was lucky. The emperor was a juvenile and the blueface is adult even when added.

OP
OP
sc50964

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No each fish was added individually at different times. Again maybe I just was lucky. The emperor was a juvenile and the blueface is adult even when added.
Any experience with personifer? Any recommendation on what I can do or need to do to get more than one Chaetodontoplus to play nice in a 180g. Maybe too small and don’t got a chance?

angelsandtangs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you have eight angels in a 400g. Are they no bigger than 7”? How long have you had them? And what’s your way to succeed in mixing same species Angel such as blue face, French, majestic, and Emperor? What’s a yellow angel?
Over 2 years together now bought most at 4-5 inch except big imperator bought him at 8 inches probably 10inches now .. majestic is around 5 now French 12 blueface 6 majestic 4.5 very slow grower ..yellow 5 inch . Smaller imperator 7 inch bought at 4inch .. yellow is a false lemon peel .. only issue was adding a passer and he absolutely did not like my majestic so he had to go .. all angels get along with no issues with each other and all my tangs .. my imperators do like to grunt a lot so does my blue face

Monsaas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any experience with personifer? Any recommendation on what I can do or need to do to get more than one Chaetodontoplus to play nice in a 180g. Maybe too small and don’t got a chance?

I have never has a personifer so I couldn't tell you.

OP
OP
sc50964

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over 2 years together now bought most at 4-5 inch except big imperator bought him at 8 inches probably 10inches now .. majestic is around 5 now French 12 blueface 6 majestic 4.5 very slow grower ..yellow 5 inch . Smaller imperator 7 inch bought at 4inch .. yellow is a false lemon peel .. only issue was adding a passer and he absolutely did not like my majestic so he had to go .. all angels get along with no issues with each other and all my tangs .. my imperators do like to grunt a lot so does my blue face

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might want to be prepared to move a fish. As mentioned earlier same family conflicts are likely and these are large bodied fish so 180g will likely not be big enough to contain their aggression. A bit cramped which breeds aggression,

As far as acclimation box….i have 3 see through storage containers bought at walmart. They each measure ~18” x 14”. drilled lots of 3/4 inch holes and they fit perfect in my large tank. I made3 because use 2 for my 720 and 1 for my 240. They work like a harm. Also would not hesitate keeping them in that large of a box for 2-3 wks. I had y powder blue in it for over 2 months before releasing into tank with established Achilles. It worked. Good luck.

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have a pair of personifiers in my 720 and currently have a blueface and conspic in large acclimation boxes. The male personifier is spending allot of time checking out the conspic. Not in an aggressive way but more in an admiring way. Same family so could be attracted to each other. Fingers crossed

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 136 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back