Mixing bta

clownfish07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I currently have a rose bubble tip anemone that is doing great, currently in the tank with some softies and lps, tank is a 20 gallon long, and I was wondering if I would be ok adding another green bubble tip anemone, I’m not too worried about the corals as if things go south I can move them, but I was wondering if the btas would fight and would they be ok touching? Thanks!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yes you can

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just from personal experience my rainbows and rose were basically one big anemone for a while.

skylar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had gbta and rbta together and it was fine. Maybe it was a bad idea? Didn't even know some weren't compatible with each other.

OP
OP
C

clownfish07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
I had gbta and rbta together and it was fine. Maybe it was a bad idea? Didn't even know some weren't compatible with each other.
have heard the more common btas are fine together, but as you go higher up on the spectrum, such as say mixing a CSB with a gbta, things can get dicey, I just wanted to make sure as I love my Rbta lol.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had big beautiful GBTA i added rose/rainbows and the greens shriveled up to nothing. I wouldn't recommend mixing greens and reds.

OP
OP
C

clownfish07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yikes, yeah I love my red so might not rock it. My lfs keeps them in separate tanks so maybe your right.
I had big beautiful GBTA i added rose/rainbows and the greens shriveled up to nothing. I wouldn't recommend mixing greens and reds.

OP
OP
C

clownfish07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any more input? I would really like a red and a green bta and I see lots of videos of it working out but don’t wanna risk it, will it help if both are captive bred?

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have rainbows, roses, greens, a sherman, bw and a csb all in the same system. One thing i have noticed is that the gbta and csb let me know when the carbon needs to be changed. Both start to shrink up some. Change carbon and the next day they are fine. Not quite scientific, but just my experience. There are also 5 haddoni, 2 mertens, tons of rfa, and a mag in the same tank. They do not react at all when the gbtas and csb react. So it just leave me to guess that there may be some type of bta on bta chemical warfare going on, but again, not sure.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have rainbows, roses, greens, a sherman, bw and a csb all in the same system. One thing i have noticed is that the gbta and csb let me know when the carbon needs to be changed. Both start to shrink up some. Change carbon and the next day they are fine. Not quite scientific, but just my experience. There are also 5 haddoni, 2 mertens, tons of rfa, and a mag in the same tank. They do not react at all when the gbtas and csb react. So it just leave me to guess that there may be some type of bta on bta chemical warfare going on, but again, not sure.
Thanks for weighing in

GoReefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How large is your water volume? In my nano with carbon my greens and rose shriveled up and died to my rainbows. Mine was around 30ish gallons.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How large is your water volume? In my nano with carbon my greens and rose shriveled up and died to my rainbows. Mine was around 30ish gallons.
Around 100 gallons, with sump included. Carbon amount is a full size BRS reactor. The rock in the tank is over 25 years old and has been wet the entire time, so that may help some, but not sure.

GoReefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Around 100 gallons, with sump included. Carbon amount is a full size BRS reactor. The rock in the tank is over 25 years old and has been wet the entire time, so that may help some, but not sure.
Makes sense larger water volume should handle any chemical warfare better. Older rock has better bacteria capacity as well. Maybe it has something to do with total system volume on why some have success and others do not.

Operator Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I originally had a Rainbow BTA in my 75G tank that was thriving. About 6 months ago I added a Black Widow and an unnamed crazy GBTA with white spots and green tips. The Black Widow and Rainbow have slowly wasted away with the green still thriving.

Vested

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to see some pictures of that tank, sounds beautiful

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.1%
Back