Mixing damsels?

Flatearth

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am wondering if I can have more than one damsel in my 30 gallon cube?

The ones I had in mind were the azure(Chrysiptera hemicyanea) and the blue sapphire(chrysiptera springeri). The azure is among my favorite fish so one of them is a must, but is the 30 cube too small for a 2nd chrysiptera damsel of some kind? Some posts online suggest a group of 3 is better which I would be fine with, but again I wonder about the space. A group of azures would be fine with me as well, or maybe the same species is actually more of a problem than different species?

Tank is currently fish-less , so can add them all at once if that helps.

Thanks for any help!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possibly two, but it really depends on the individual fish. I have 6 (4 different species) in my tank, but it's also 160 gallons. My azure always got along with the sapphire devils.

OP
OP
F

Flatearth

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possibly two, but it really depends on the individual fish. I have 6 (4 different species) in my tank, but it's also 160 gallons. My azure always got along with the sapphire devils.

Thank you for the response. I imagine the 160 is very different than my 30 which is why I am worried.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the response. I imagine the 160 is very different than my 30 which is why I am worried.
Hence the suggestion for 2 (max). The sapphire blue devils, azures and tabot have (so far) all been fairly peaceful in my experience. Avoid the yellow tail and domino damsels in smaller tanks.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back