Mixing Shrimp Goby Species

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I wonder if I can safely put a YWG, Pink Spotted Watchman Goby, and a Pink Bar Shrimp Goby in a 6’ tank. Since they’re all shrimp gobies, will they fight each other? Also, will my plans to include a Flame Hawk and a Longnose Hawk put them at risk?

pcon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My yellow watchman goby booted my Highfin goby out of its burrow and it was subsequently killed by my angelfish. this was in a 4ft tank. I wouldn't mix the very large pink spot with the small pink bar and yellow watchman, but I also wouldn't mix the latter two with a marine beta.

pcon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see. Are you saying I should only choose one out of the three?
Just reporting my anecdotal experience. I would be concerned about aggression if it were my tank but don’t have a a large sample size to go by. Given my personal experience if I were to try it I would want them from different complexes or Ideally genus but keep them with similar sizes at both max and introduction. Even then it seems a roll of the dice, so need to have a plan if it goes south. Hard to get small burrow dwelling fish out of a tank that size if they want to kill each other. Just some things to consider I am far from an expert in shrimpgobies.

brad shawn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 3x2 system with a pair of orange stripe prawn gobies (Randall’s prawn goby) Along with a hi fun red bar goby/pistol shrimp pair. The small hi don was the first fish in the system. Then the Randall’s all is good so far....

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back