Mixing Station and ATO

Mar344

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reefers!
I was wondering how people with mixing stations handle their ATO. I am planning on 2x 75 Gallon containers 1 SW, 1 RO. It feels silly to also have an ATO container since I have all that RO water right there. Do I just put the ATO pump in my 75 gallon tank? Is there a more clever solution?

NeedMoreReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there are good mixing station videos on YouTube. many are too far away to use as ATO but somethat are in basement below the tank seem to. I would love to get a mixing station going, right now its two brutte trash cans in the kitchen. my poor wife!!!

shadow1013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cannot speak for everyone and I'm still don't have the exact fitting but I was going to try and put a bulkhead in and just run an 1/4" line out to my tank. Same thing for AWC coming from the salt side.

NeedMoreReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would use my RO as ATO too. I just worry with 75 gallons, Ive never had a mech float fail , but if it does your reef and floor are toast.

OP
OP
Mar344

Mar344

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on having a basement sump so the mixing station will be across the room at the furthest. I was hoping to find something like the tunze ATO pump but external so I didn't have to put the pump in the RO tank.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 87 42.0%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 102 49.3%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.4%
Back