Mixing station- do you need RODI?

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like a couple others have mentioned, my RODI goes into 32 gallon Brute and I just mix salt in separate tub the night before use.
*all extra RODI and saltwater I store in capped 5 gallon Sparkletts jugs and have used both weeks or even a month after storage without any noticeable problems.

I will say this, I really am starting to wish that I had just setup a mixing bin/station also when I did my RODI setup so, if I had to vote, I'd vote BOTH (to the original question)
I've always told newbies that the easier you make maintenance, the more likely it is to get done.

When I do my weekly WC's(Just old school, and have always done weekly WC's), I just flip a valve under my tank, push a button(hooked up to an apex that turns on a pump that pushes out the old saltwater to a drain line I installed, shuts off the return to drain down, turns off my skimmer, and reactor). I then just turn another valve to pump water back into my tank.

I could do it automatically with my extra DOS, but I like having to do it manually, as I clean other things during this time, and it keeps me "in tune" with my tank.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two 32 gallon and one 20 gallon brute. The 20 gallon is RO and also my ato container. One 32 is plumbed to RO and used to mix salt. The other 32 gallon I store salt water removed from my display and that is my emergency supply. My DT was run fallow and all fish treated before reentry so I'm confident that water is disease free. I do everything manually and recently switched to small daily water changes. I'm lucky and have an entire unfinished basement where my sump is so space is available. One would work for mixing but I still need a second container for ato.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.6%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 148 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.7%
Back