Mixing wrasses…

muggle0981

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is 180g

Currently have timor wrasse and a splendid pintail fairy wrasse…. Risky adding yellow coris wrasse? Melanurus? Looking to add for flatworms

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At that size it should be ok. I mean I have a Red Velvet , juvenile Black Leopard and Melanurus in a 60 and no big issues. But I’ve also got lots of rockwork to divvy up the spaces

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The yellow coris, chrysus, is a mild mannered wrasse. The melanuris can be pushy when it gets larger. I would add it later after you get all the more passive wrasses that you want to keep.

IMG_5158.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is 180g

Currently have timor wrasse and a splendid pintail fairy wrasse…. Risky adding yellow coris wrasse? Melanurus? Looking to add for flatworms
Your Timor will be helping out with Flatworms however in a 180 your luck is going to be up there with mixing species. You’ll get away with the Yellow ‘Coris’ (These are not true Coris wrasses but are of the genus Halichoeres) as they’re a passive species and so is your Timorensis.
If you want more wrasses like Fairies, Leopards, Tamarins, more Smaller Halichoeres (E.g. Iridis), Pencils and so on you’ll want to add them before a Melanurus.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 39.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 44 28.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back