Mixing Wrasses - Not trying to be lazy

MotoJJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I have read the Wrasse Guys chart and website and his help has been invaluable ( especially acclimation boxes)

I have a FO tank and am wondering if I can mix a Christmas Wrasse with a Melanurus Wrasse?

BTW, I currently have a Melanurus, Red Corsis, Yellow Corsis, Pintale Fairy, Tri-color, Orange Back, and Blue Leopard all living peacefully together.

Thanks in advance for the help!

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I have read the Wrasse Guys chart and website and his help has been invaluable ( especially acclimation boxes)

I have a FO tank and am wondering if I can mix a Christmas Wrasse with a Melanurus Wrasse?

BTW, I currently have a Melanurus, Red Corsis, Yellow Corsis, Pintale Fairy, Tri-color, Orange Back, and Blue Leopard all living peacefully together.

Man, we need some pics of that... Please?

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Mixing Halichoeres can be difficult as the whole genus is a mess taxonomically. Melanurus are known to be one of the harder Halichoeres to mix though and can be bully new wrasses. If you do try it I suggest an acclimation box. The bigger worry will be the red coris assuming you mean Coris gaimard. As you hopefully know they are a giant species of wrasse that gets to over a foot long and very aggressive later in life.

Also there is no yellow corsis or coris wrasse. You mean the common gold/yellow/ Halichoeres chrysus.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back