Mmm Minty....

Reef Goddess

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 18, 2007
Messages
1,059
Reaction score
10
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's some double peppermint fun for you guys! These are a great grow out size in case anyone is looking for one. I have a 4.5" one that has been in my tank for 3+ years and is awesome.


P1100005.jpg

P1100013.jpg

P1100003.jpg
 
Thanks! They were the best out of 4 at my wholesaler. They get them in maybe 3-4 times per year.

I think its cool that they're small because they're not as likely to go wild for your inverts when they get bigger. My big guy only goes for shrimp and stuff, not my snails or small fish. Of course I keep him very well fed too. ;p It is kinda cool watching him take down a live shrimp tho. Since I have a lionfish too, I've gotten over the "poor shrimp" thing a long time ago. lol

They are so intelligent. When I put the Red Baron (my big one hehe) into my large prop tank for the first time, he went around the tank for about a week popping his head out of the water to see what his space limits were. I know because when I first got him about 3 years ago and put him in my old 180 he did this and jumped. Luckily I was in the room and put him back in. He never tried to jump again after that. Wrasses are my favorite fish I could have a whole house full of them. hehe
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new