Mmm Minty....

Reef Goddess

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's some double peppermint fun for you guys! These are a great grow out size in case anyone is looking for one. I have a 4.5" one that has been in my tank for 3+ years and is awesome.

P1100005.jpg

P1100013.jpg

P1100003.jpg

OP
OP
Reef Goddess

Reef Goddess

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! They were the best out of 4 at my wholesaler. They get them in maybe 3-4 times per year.

I think its cool that they're small because they're not as likely to go wild for your inverts when they get bigger. My big guy only goes for shrimp and stuff, not my snails or small fish. Of course I keep him very well fed too. ;p It is kinda cool watching him take down a live shrimp tho. Since I have a lionfish too, I've gotten over the "poor shrimp" thing a long time ago. lol

They are so intelligent. When I put the Red Baron (my big one hehe) into my large prop tank for the first time, he went around the tank for about a week popping his head out of the water to see what his space limits were. I know because when I first got him about 3 years ago and put him in my old 180 he did this and jumped. Luckily I was in the room and put him back in. He never tried to jump again after that. Wrasses are my favorite fish I could have a whole house full of them. hehe

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 21 30.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 81.2%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.8%
Back