Mobius App - Connection Timeout

takitaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I see what some of you were talking about. I can't even get into Mobius now. First time I've had THIS issue. Until now my issue was just accessing the lighting section. Maybe they shut it down to fix it? (fingers crossed)

nfazio

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same issue for me… Heading out on business for three days and trying to get everything ready for kids (and wifey) to take care of tank while I’m gone. Connection timeout won’t let me adjust lighting for proper cleaning / quick water change / or feeding.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same issue for me… Heading out on business for three days and trying to get everything ready for kids (and wifey) to take care of tank while I’m gone. Connection timeout won’t let me adjust lighting for proper cleaning / quick water change / or

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Companies and weekends no longer exist, unfortunate for us that purchased our heart of the reef equipment.

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Now I see what some of you were talking about. I can't even get into Mobius now. First time I've had THIS issue. Until now my issue was just accessing the lighting section. Maybe they shut it down to fix it? (fingers crossed)
If they did shut it down then go to the beach or where ever that's even more unacceptable.

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think now that more folks have to use Mobius, their server is getting overloaded. Seems to go out when everyone is trying feed. It works fine late at night when you don’t need it.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just used Hydros to turn off Ecotech pumps for feeding. Ecotech you have a problem…

oak600

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think now that more folks have to use Mobius, their server is getting overloaded. Seems to go out when everyone is trying feed. It works fine late at night when you don’t need it.
The amount of data that they’d theoretically send from the app is pretty small and fast to process. Unless they are running everything on a raspberry pi, it would take thousands of requests a second to overload even the smallest web server. While there are a lot of folks using Ecotech products, there wouldn’t be enough people all logging in at the same time to cause an outage like this. If that were the case, it would cost them all of $20/mo and a few hours of coding to set up a distributed server to handle rush hours.

More likely, they have misconfigured software that crashes or are attempting to run the web server out of their corporate office rather than a stable hosting service like AWS. Given how buggy their app is when it works, it could be a combination of both.

Mattiejay6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Reef Builders this should be an article. Why ecotech Has disappeared from these boards since their acquisition. Why mobius is having this never ending same problem since inception. Why does Mobius need to dial into a server, and yet we still cant use this ap when on the road. Never ending connection time out issue

Last edited:

jwhale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What can we buy as far as lighting, power heads, pumps etc that is as good or better that has better app control, reliability and service then ecotech? I’m ready to sell and start over! Please advise

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 38 33.9%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 19 17.0%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 22 19.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back