Mobius, does everyone else have issues

metzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems I am always having one issue or another with Mobius and then my Radions, Vectras, and Vortechs.

Today's issue, somehow at random the time or cycle became incorrect. I went in 10 different times today and one time it was 8 hours off in 1916 and then 14 hours off in 2076 and about every date and time in between. Anyone else have this problem?

After the 10th time of setting the clock, it finally stopped changing 15 minutes after i set it. After that, all the lights had the red chain icon as well as four other devices., then one light completely left the group i had it in and now I can not re-establish connection.

Now, half the lights are on and half are off. I turned off one bank of 4 and then turned off the second bank of 4. I turned them back on and all the lights went to the moon setting, even the light that was no longer linked to the group. 10 minutes later, one light turns on. I go back and turn off that bank with the one light on and when i turned that bank off and back on...the second bank on a completely different separate power strip went from the moon setting to being fully on. 15 minutes later, three of the eight lights are on with the other five on a moon setting.

What is going on? There should be no reason to have this many headaches. Anyone else have quirky stuff like this and I will need to submit a ticket Monday.

I am constantly getting issues on the vortechs and versas. One day i will have the red chain icon, other days I wont. I have had to factor reset about every device and the issue just comes back in a day, sometimes a week or even a month.

Apologies on the rant but is there a non-sarcastic solution to this issue?

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar issue a couple of versions ago so just make sure you are up to date. Also click on the gear once in mobius, then go to troubleshooting then click verify (going by memory since I am not around my tank) and let movius verify each devices settings. If one the devices doesn't come back with a check, back out and click on verify again. Once all devices come back with a check mark, back out and go to your time screen and verify the time is still correct.

Not saying this is the end all fix, but this is what did the trick for me. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
metzer

metzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same issues again this morning, the clock settings keep changing/reverting to something else about ever 15-20 minutes.

4 out of 5 times, the lights will have the red chain icon and not able to connect. However, on the one time i was able to see the troubleshooting menu and was able to see it had a count of one clock error.

Last edited:
OP
OP
metzer

metzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Issues all weekend but maybe this was a contributing cause?

Has anyone ran into communication issues with allot of devices, say 15+ on a single profile/aquarium interface page?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back