Mobius enabled MP40 Dead?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Treefer32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I just need to know what to do next. I got a pair of Mobius enabled MP 40 quiet drives back in June from BRS. I've had them about 3 months. Initially they worked great. (past tense). I've cleaned the wet sides several times. One of the two is still working good. The dry sides were hung side by side. And I'm not sure when in the last few days or week but one of the two just stopped working. The LED light blinks a faint red light. I've tried switching the power cords, the power supplies between the two. The working one continues to work regardless which power cord is plugged in. I noticed in the last week or two that the breaker the MP40s were plugged into flipped twice. I never found the cause of the flip. My MP40s are plugged into a surge protector which is plugged into an Apex classic 8 bar. I tried connecting to the MP40s this morning from the app that I used to set them up and I couldn't connect to either one. I had just reset them up a few weeks ago because I got a new network router. I had been able to confirm that both were online and controllable from the app at that time.

Now when I connected to the wireless and tried connecting to either MP40 I was unable to find any devices. My lights and Mp40s are all controlled through my wireless and the AI Prime lights have not changed in 2 years other than needing to set them up on the new wireless.

I don't know at this point what to do. I'm still paying on the two MP40s and did not expect one to die within three months. Please let me know what else I can try to get it off the red LED? I've pulled the dry side off and tested the propeller, it turns just fine. I can't find anything physically wrong with the wet side or the dry side other than it just flashes the very faint red led at me no matter what I do or what buttons I press.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did the mp40 in question get dropped?

I was following you until you started glassing over critical details.

What it sounds like to me is that after running successfully on mobius one of the 40s got a red blinking light. Then you decided to revert back to what you know and tried to attach your 40s to [I'm assuming] Apex via a wxm module and you couldn't get apex to recognize the pumps.

It sounds to me that you had this perfect storm of replacing your router and having issues with mobius as well as apex... you can't quite point the finger at what the problem is.

With all that being beside the point, your initial problem was the vt flashing red. Which indicates that the motor has stalled. That could mean a lot of things, primarily that there's excessive resistance when spinning, you said that you pulled the dryside and tested the propeller. That statement is factually wrong. Dryside doesn't have a propeller, in which I'd like to get some clarification on what and how you tested for obstruction. The wetside prop should spin freely with only the a slight drag when its completely dry. Not sure how you tested or even attempted to spin the dryside.

And to reset the red blinking light all you should need to do is to:

‐ hold the MODE button down until the led flashes white.

- hold MODE and SET button down until the led flashes yellow and white

- power cycle the driver by pulling the power plug out and reinstalling it.

That should clear the red flashing ligh.

Lastly, if your vt was connected to mobius and if you want to revert the pumps back to communicating with ESL or WXM, you will have to roll the software back using mobius.

Your vt is capable of running either or, but you have to upload the proper firmware to the driver.

Hope this helps, keeping in mind, I took a lot of liberties as to what exactly your account of the situation was, if I got any of it wrong, please feel free to correct me.

OP
OP
Treefer32

Treefer32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I turned the wet side and it turned with little resistance. I'll try resetting using the button combinations identified. As to dropping, I haven't taken it off the tank since last I cleaned the wet side, which was close to a month ago.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back