Mobius for Radion G4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very soon.
@Tim at EcoTech How do we know if our G4 is Mobius ready? I have 3 G4 pros with a MFG date of 4/12/19, I'm hoping those are Mobius ready, but the Mobius app can't find them so i'm not sure? The Ecotech site says all G4's that are Mobius ready will be accessible on the app by 7/31, is that still true?

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tim at EcoTech How do we know if our G4 is Mobius ready? I have 3 G4 pros with a MFG date of 4/12/19, I'm hoping those are Mobius ready, but the Mobius app can't find them so i'm not sure? The Ecotech site says all G4's that are Mobius ready will be accessible on the app by 7/31, is that still true?
I read the same thing, 7/31 is the go date for legacy devices.

As for Mobius compatibility: Most Gen 4 Radions are compatible, early Gen 4 Radions and some Gen 3 Radions are compatible but require the installation of a current model RF module.

Do you have a reeflink? If so you can easily check to see if your G3's and 4s are Mobius ready. If not you'll either have to wait for 7/31 to roll around crack open the cases to see if they have the proper RF chip. I know the rule for quiet drives were green RF are no good, Black is good. Not sure if that crosses over to radions though.

matthias_bln

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EDIT: All good. I just had to move my phone RIGHT NEXT to the XR15. Being away just two feet made it fail. No idea whether this is due to my other devices, but that's what worked.
---
So, the option to upgrade my G4’s appeared today in the Mobius app and I tried my luck. Unfortunately every try ends up with a “Failed to connect”’ a minute after hitting “update”.

Somehow a factory reset via buttons also doesn’t work on any of the previously WXM connected lights.

Now I have 5 expensive bricks until I can figure that one out. Any pointers? Anyone successfully updated G4’s from WXM to Mobius yet?

Thanks!
Matthias

Last edited:

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ecotech and mobius don't even have the G5 lamps under control and now the G4 are added.

let's hope that the G4 will be better integrated than the Vortech pumps!

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
true, the chip really seems to be sold out. a few weeks ago i got two of them here.
At my dealer, the chip is available again in mid-August

have you tried to connect your G4 to Mobius? maybe yours is already Mobius Ready?

phil bevilacqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
true, the chip really seems to be sold out. a few weeks ago i got two of them here.
At my dealer, the chip is available again in mid-August

have you tried to connect your G4 to Mobius? maybe yours is already Mobius Ready?
It’s lame a company that big can’t get them. I’m trying to set up a new tank. And I’m not buying a reeflink just to set up. Lol. I’ll try and see if it will work.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back