Mobius is junk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Cpc83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
0   1   1
MyAI is more stable IMO, but to be transparent, I have had issues with the AI Hydra 64 HD's sticking on over night. Since this is an app specific conversation, we can somewhat blame the hardware / firmware for the issue. Issue happened a few times, even after firmware and app updates. Either way, I had to come back from vacation to fix the issue, as the app was unresponsive. I have since added the lights to a channel on my APEX, so I can re boot them, the next time the error happens. Or did I forget to do that. Yeah. I still have to do that. BUT.. I PLAN TO. Either way, what the heck? We pay so much money for this "top tier", unreliable hardware / software. The entire point of a reef tank is stability and not being limited by faulty VERY EXPENSIVE equipment. That is why we spend the money in the first place. TBT I had worry free stability with my NO APP black box lights, for the first 4 years of keeping my 120.
I scrapped radions and bought aliexpress radion knock offs and took rf chip and digital pots out mounted 7 manual pots to set spectrum I liked and bought meanwell driver that accepts 0-10v signal to ramp up and down

bulkhead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the fix from EcoTech's Customer Support.
I'm not sure why they don't come here and solve these problems before 6 pages of flames are posted.

1. Open the Mobius app and select your desired tank
2. Select "..." then choose "Settings"
3. Select "Time" Select "Set to Current Time"
4. Select "Settings" then choose "Troubleshooting"
5. Select " Verify settings"

2 of my 4 lights didn't pass verification. I then told it to fix the 2. I haven't had the problem since.

bulkhead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Open the Mobius app and select your desired tank
2. Select "..." then choose "Settings"
3. Select "Time" Select "Set to Current Time"
4. Select "Settings" then choose "Troubleshooting"
5. Select " Verify settings"

Did anyone else try this fix?
If so, how did it work for you?

Floribraska

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did anyone else try this fix?
If so, how did it work for you?
While I'm happy this fix worked for you, I have tried it countless times with no noticeable effect. Most of the time my lights pass the verification with nothing to fix, but occasionally they don't pass. I have never been able to get this option to consistently do anything meaningful. After a day or 2 my Radion G5s inevitably take a time-traveling trip and lose their desired settings along the way.

tedfisher496

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately the hobby has moved away from simplicity. It amazes me how many rely on their phones to run their tanks. I think it's mostly because society has groomed all of us to be enamored with ourselves. The more blinky blink we can have on our tanks to not only impress ourselves but everyone else, the better we feel. Some day..........someone is going to figure out how to disable all of our devices. Then our tanks will be done.

Or better yet when we are all forced into paying micro subcriptions for every piece of equipment on our tanks. That day is right around the corner.

I still can't figure out why anyone would want their main return pump to rely solely on another device for it to run, such as a controller. Your just asking for trouble. But hell what do I know, except for the fact that an iwaki pump will run for ever as long as it plugged into an outlet.
I agree 100% i like to keep it simple as well. I don't have a controller, nor app-controlled return pump. I do have 2 mp10's but ive never had any problems with Mobius but if i did i would just delete it and use the controller. I do not have fancy LED's ( viparspectra ). I like to do manual testing ( Calc and mag ), i do employ Hanna Checkers ( alk, no3, p04) just to avoid the color changing tests. My point is running a reef tank via a " computer is not wise " I guess im somewhat OLD SCHOOL.

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to start a new thread, but this post is in line to what I was going to write. I had the strangest interaction with their support today. I could not figure out how to turn the pumps off using mobius. That was annoying to me. Made me feel pretty stupid. Then I could not figure out the nuances for parent and child. Also, my older MP40, the one I bought two years ago, used for 7 months, then packed away is loud as all hell. So I get on live chat and go over all these issues. She mentions that the way I have the wire, horizontal, instead of vertical, is the reason for the noise. I asked why. In my very very non professional opinion the wire is just to protect the dry side from falling and slamming into the wall, tank, floor, whatever. She had no response to why. Also mentioned that if I wait 2 weeks it will get quite. Fair enough. It was been packed away, I did make sure it was still lubed and clean and ready to go.

But the real real weirdness was her lack of knowledge on how Mobius works. I asked for a link, written instructions (that were not the quickstart) and she put me on read. I was like hello can you walk me through the Parent Child and how that all works? She sent me a link on how to do it manually on the old version not the QD. After she didn't respond for several minutes after me asking how to at least turn off the pumps, I quit the chat.

I'm just bewildered at this. It's not a cheap low end product but Mobius seems like a rushed after thought with no support. I did find my answers from a third party you tube video. Unacceptable. If I cant get this one to be quiet I think I am going to explore another product. You can't even turn off the pumps using the app? WHAT? How hard would that be to code? The app is garbage the way it makes you set up the pumps. How would they take something simple and complicate it? I recognized the app and sure enough its a generic template for Chinese made pumps of lesser value. So why not just buy the cheaper pumps?

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh hello mobius it’s great to see you again
E7C8A2D2-0138-4184-AFEE-2D191C729A1A.jpeg
Dear lord

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to start a new thread, but this post is in line to what I was going to write. I had the strangest interaction with their support today. I could not figure out how to turn the pumps off using mobius. That was annoying to me. Made me feel pretty stupid. Then I could not figure out the nuances for parent and child. Also, my older MP40, the one I bought two years ago, used for 7 months, then packed away is loud as all hell. So I get on live chat and go over all these issues. She mentions that the way I have the wire, horizontal, instead of vertical, is the reason for the noise. I asked why. In my very very non professional opinion the wire is just to protect the dry side from falling and slamming into the wall, tank, floor, whatever. She had no response to why. Also mentioned that if I wait 2 weeks it will get quite. Fair enough. It was been packed away, I did make sure it was still lubed and clean and ready to go.

But the real real weirdness was her lack of knowledge on how Mobius works. I asked for a link, written instructions (that were not the quickstart) and she put me on read. I was like hello can you walk me through the Parent Child and how that all works? She sent me a link on how to do it manually on the old version not the QD. After she didn't respond for several minutes after me asking how to at least turn off the pumps, I quit the chat.

I'm just bewildered at this. It's not a cheap low end product but Mobius seems like a rushed after thought with no support. I did find my answers from a third party you tube video. Unacceptable. If I cant get this one to be quiet I think I am going to explore another product. You can't even turn off the pumps using the app? WHAT? How hard would that be to code? The app is garbage the way it makes you set up the pumps. How would they take something simple and complicate it? I recognized the app and sure enough its a generic template for Chinese made pumps of lesser value. So why not just buy the cheaper pumps?
Ehm, if I’m not missing something what you are looking for is to use the “all off” function in mobius. Just add the pumps that you would like to turn off and done.

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ehm, if I’m not missing something what you are looking for is to use the “all off” function in mobius. Just add the pumps that you would like to turn off and done.
OK where is this all off? And why did their support not know this, and why is it not documented? But yes I have searched for the all off and I don't see it. I could be stupid, I admit.

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is a Mobius? It sounds like one of those hairy mole things that my aunt francis used to have where I used to cry if my mom tried to make me give her a kiss.

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK where is this all off? And why did their support not know this, and why is it not documented? But yes I have searched for the all off and I don't see it. I could be stupid, I admit.
No idea why she didn’t know that. Here it is (you need to hit “edit” and add the pumps):

1707169211498.jpeg

1707169239754.jpeg

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No idea why she didn’t know that. Here it is (you need to hit “edit” and add the pumps):

1707169211498.jpeg

1707169239754.jpeg
She knew nothing. Sent me an article on how to manually set the pumps. Since this app is garbage of course I have to be at home to check this out. I dunno, reef breeders, jaebo, my smart plugs, the cheap Chinese made water sensor, red sea apps all work via wifi. From anywhere. Thanks though. That saves me from having to use smart plugs to control them.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 55 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back