Mobius question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

arvind

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am trying to downgrade my MP40s so that I can use Apex to control them. I follow the steps as per the video. Create a test tank, discover devices, right click and select downgrade. It then says turn off wifi and cellular so it doesn't interfere. When I turn airplane mode off and turn Bluetooth on. The mobius app exits and asks me to login again. But I can't because I am not connected to internet! Can someone help?

landlubber

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am trying to downgrade my MP40s so that I can use Apex to control them. I follow the steps as per the video. Create a test tank, discover devices, right click and select downgrade. It then says turn off wifi and cellular so it doesn't interfere. When I turn airplane mode off and turn Bluetooth on. The mobius app exits and asks me to login again. But I can't because I am not connected to internet! Can someone help?
have you tried doing this without using airplane mode and manually just turning off wifi? this is likely the case because airplane mode shuts down all radio transmissions from your device. bluetooth is included in that list.

OP
OP
arvind

arvind

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I did that. When I turned off wifi and the cellular connection manually. It still trying to connect to the website to authenticate my user ID and logs me out since it can't connect.

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cannot connect to Mobius at the moment either. I can enter the app, but the home screen stays white and nothing happens.

OP
OP
arvind

arvind

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same problem. Did you solve this somehow?
I had to call Ecotech and they walked me through it. Unfortunately I don't remember the steps.

One of the worst piece of software. I always loved the engineering marvel that is vortech. Their software though is a different story. I was unable to connect the pumps with Apex even after several tries. I called Apex and they said it is a Ecotech problem and Ecotech says it is a Neptune problem. Now I am stuck with this piece of crap and I am crying everyday during feeding time.

Good luck.

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed when I downgraded my Vortech pumps that they weren't like they used to be.
Some things stopped working, like the NTM mode. Ecotech has deliberately messed up the firmware to downgrade so that you are only forced to use Mobius. So ... once Mobius, always Mobius. There is no going back :-(

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed when I downgraded my Vortech pumps that they weren't like they used to be.
Some things stopped working, like the NTM mode. Ecotech has deliberately messed up the firmware to downgrade so that you are only forced to use Mobius. So ... once Mobius, always Mobius. There is no going back :-(
If you believe that they are messing with firmware so that people can’t use it, that’s a big accusation and something that a lawyer would need to be consulted about.

I wouldn’t put it past them tho

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can only speak from my own experience and after downgrading my Vortech pumps nothing worked and they could basically no longer be used without Mobius.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back