Mobius Scene query - 2 pumps to do different things?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

techdef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, I run 2 versas to do continuous W/C. Sometimes things get a bit out of balance due to wet skimming, or whatever. Trying to build scenes that will raise and lower tank's salinity by 0.5 SG, which is not hard math on the number of mL.

What has me stumped is setting the 2 versas to do different things in a Scene. I'd like one of the pumps to stop, the other should do a bigger dose (say 20 gallons over 10 hours). After they should go back to what they usually do which is the continuous dose.

I have not been smart enough to make a scene where the different pumps do different things. Do you have to have 2 scenes to accomplish this? To me, that sounds rather inelegant. A "scene" should control everything its capable of reaching.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do the same exact thing. How I approached it was not to have one versa turn off, but instead set up a scene to speed up the other versa to replenish what has been removed by the skimmer. It's a simple scene that lasts 30 minutes and (as you said, simple math) calculate the amount that needs to be added plus what it needs to be added to keep up with the other versa [that's still running].

OP
OP
T

techdef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do the same exact thing. How I approached it was not to have one versa turn off, but instead set up a scene to speed up the other versa to replenish what has been removed by the skimmer. It's a simple scene that lasts 30 minutes and (as you said, simple math) calculate the amount that needs to be added plus what it needs to be added to keep up with the other versa [that's still running].
thanks.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 195 71.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 50 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.6%
Back