Mobius: Turning pumps off?

PurpleMonsterSlayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The issue with using a power strip is when you have had a couple of beers and then you forget to run them back on. Using the app or controller won't care how drunk or tired you are, it will just turn them back on for you :)

Not saying your a drunk or anything ;)
No I understand but you probably shouldn’t be drunk doing maintenance. Also if your taking out the wet side of a pump or doing cleaning on a return pump you probably don’t want it turning back on until your ready

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I understand but you probably shouldn’t be drunk doing maintenance. Also if your taking out the wet side of a pump or doing cleaning on a return pump you probably don’t want it turning back on until your ready
The 0% option will be great benefit for those that want to shut down the pumps while in feed mode. As for maintenance, you can create a new scene with a longer time limit. Point is, that it will turn our pumps back on again without the need of flicking a switch, or plugging your devices back in again

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 0% option will be great benefit for those that want to shut down the pumps while in feed mode. As for maintenance, you can create a new scene with a longer time limit. Point is, that it will turn our pumps back on again without the need of flicking a switch, or plugging your devices back in again
Im looking forward to the addition - but how many people will now blame Ecotech for their blenny being churned to mush when the pump kicks back in

Not sure I could ever use the feature, two blennies, both choose to sit on the pumps when on feed mode and have gone inside when they’ve been off

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't you think an off feature through the app is useful for cleaning/maintenance of the wetsides? I’d rather not have to unplug the power and battery backup plugs from each controller in order to perform that task.

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't you think an off feature through the app is useful for cleaning/maintenance of the wetsides? I’d rather not have to unplug the power and battery backup plugs from each controller in order to perform that task.
100% it will be super useful, I even use mine plugged into a WiFi power bar purely to not have to unplug etc each time I need to touch them.

Just thinking out loud, there must have been a reason it wasn’t a feature to begin with

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100% it will be super useful, I even use mine plugged into a WiFi power bar purely to not have to unplug etc each time I need to touch them.

For those of us that use battery backups, even if you used a wifi or controller outlet to turn it off, you would still need to physically unplug the battery backup plug as the pump will continue to run under backup power unless manually unplugged from the Vortech controller.

Last edited:

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New update for the pumps have been released and its listed in Mobius. You can now set your pumps to full off when in feed mode and not have to power them off via the controller, DJ Power strip, or unplugging them.

Oceanwave3001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New update for the pumps have been released and its listed in Mobius. You can now set your pumps to full off when in feed mode and not have to power them off via the controller, DJ Power strip, or unplugging them.
How do you check for updates and where in mobius are the list?

Matt12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was this only an Apple update? I'm not seeing the ability to turn pumps off on the Android app.

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was this only an Apple update? I'm not seeing the ability to turn pumps off on the Android app.
On apple you have to choose live demo>feed mode> then swipe down on the power bar and hold for 3 seconds (counter on screen) to turn the pumps off completely.

Maybe similar on Android. Kind of a hidden feature to be honest, hard to find without being told.

ggNoRe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of us that use battery backups, even if you used a wifi or controller outlet to turn it off, you would still need to physically unplug the battery backup plug as the pump will continue to run under backup power unless manually unplugged from the Vortech controller.
This is incredibly stupid and frustrating. With my Kasa plug strip I can shut down everything at once except my overpriced powerhead. Thinking about selling it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back