Mobius: Turning pumps off?

Dono

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This app has been a rollercoaster. It was easy to setup, then just riddled with shortcomings.

Is there an easy way to turn my pumps off through mobius? I see in feed mode I can bring my pumps down to 1%, but not off. Not great if I’m doing maintenance on return pumps or powerheads. Any help would be great.

At the end of the day, I can plug back in my WXM module for my powerheads and let Apex control my returns but this should be a basic feature in the app without having to go to each of my 8 pumps and reduce them one by one to 0%.

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed mode in Mobius will only drop it down to 1% just like you stated. They are working on making it completely shut off in a future update is my understanding.

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Set up a scene to shut them all down to 1% rather than doing each individually... it’s exactly how I do it, 1 touch, done... the “water change” scene is my button to do this

D868ECBB-E977-4DA6-AC92-AC0993F12FDC.png

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Understood, but as you stated you can’t. The second part of the post was regarding shutting each one down individual which is a pain, so what I posted is the next best thing. 1% is barely noticeable on my pumps however I do use WiFi plugs to turn the pumps off when needed

OP
OP
Dono

Dono

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been able to use the feed mode to turn them to 1%, but I am mainly concerned with turning them off. I’m actually blown away at the inability to turn the lights or pumps to OFF easily.

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Set up a scene to shut them all down to 1% rather than doing each individually... it’s exactly how I do it, 1 touch, done... the “water change” scene is my button to do this

D868ECBB-E977-4DA6-AC92-AC0993F12FDC.png
so basically you made another feed mode but just called it watcher change. since feed mode will turn all the pumps down to that 1% as well not just one
Also 1% running doesnt do any good if you want to clean the wetside or your water change goes low enough to expose the pump to air. I have not been a fan of the mobius app since I made the update and everytime I tried to downgrade back to ESL it fails the downgrade so I am stuck with mobius.

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so basically you made another feed mode but just called it watcher change. since feed mode will turn all the pumps down to that 1% as well not just one
Also 1% running doesnt do any good if you want to clean the wetside or your water change goes low enough to expose the pump to air. I have not been a fan of the mobius app since I made the update and everytime I tried to downgrade back to ESL it fails the downgrade so I am stuck with mobius.
Kind of... I created new ones to do certain tasks, water change for me sets 4 of my pumps close to the water line down to 20% so as during a water change with the water line lowering they do not suck air... I obviously left those details out to accommodate the OP’s question. Of course none of that helps if you need the pump off, I was simply addressing the OP saying it’s a pain with multiple pumps. I have no idea why there isn’t a function to turn stuff off via Mobius, ECOSMART never had that function either so it’s not just Mobius. However I use WiFi plugs to get around that.

Out of interest, what don’t you like in Mobius that you did in ESL?

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
the fact that mobius doesnt connect about 60% of the time and have to restart the app constantly. When trying to program its always giving error it dropped bluetooth. its very very unstable. one thing i also hate about ecotech is if you make a programming change if you are like no i dont want that you cant just cancel it and it goes back to what it was. It will always sit there till you hit save or program.

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be fair I’ve not had any issues with it so far, touch wood. I can totally understand why it’s getting a negative wrap if it’s dropping connection as much as people say, I’ve just not had any issues myself.... yet.

I never really see the issue with it sitting asking to be programmed even if you decided to delete or reverse the changes made... I made a habit out of hitting programme no matter what whenever signing out of ESL.

Totally understand people’s frustration though, but I still think it’s a welcome change and I’m sure they are listening and taking note of the issues

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
To be fair I’ve not had any issues with it so far, touch wood. I can totally understand why it’s getting a negative wrap if it’s dropping connection as much as people say, I’ve just not had any issues myself.... yet.

I never really see the issue with it sitting asking to be programmed even if you decided to delete or reverse the changes made... I made a habit out of hitting programme no matter what whenever signing out of ESL.

Totally understand people’s frustration though, but I still think it’s a welcome change and I’m sure they are listening and taking note of the issues
no I mean it wont go back if you hit cancel. I have had plenty of times in ESL when programming my lights i click something wrong and my setting for some reason points get out of whack. I cant just hit cancel and it goes back to what it was. It will just sit there messed up till you program it or fix it yourself. thats stupid programming not being able to undo an action

OP
OP
Dono

Dono

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no I mean it wont go back if you hit cancel. I have had plenty of times in ESL when programming my lights i click something wrong and my setting for some reason points get out of whack. I cant just hit cancel and it goes back to what it was. It will just sit there messed up till you program it or fix it yourself. thats stupid programming not being able to undo an action

I had a similar issue until the most recent firmware update. It seemed to resolve it completely. Not sure if you’ve had the same experience.

side note, I’ve emailed Ecotech customer service. I’ll post the response when I get one — though I’m not expecting much

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the second instance where I’ve read that someone has tried to downgrade the firmware to go back to using the WXM to no avail because the app freezes. Has anyone actually been successful at completeing the firmware downgrade in order to use their WXM again?

TigerReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the second instance where I’ve read that someone has tried to downgrade the firmware to go back to using the WXM to no avail because the app freezes. Has anyone actually been successful at completeing the firmware downgrade in order to use their WXM again?
I’d like to know this as well. I tried to downgrade and it keeps failing. Now I’m stuck between can’t control with Mobius because it won’t recognize the MP40s and won’t downgrade. Anyone know a fix for this.

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’d like to know this as well. I tried to downgrade and it keeps failing. Now I’m stuck between can’t control with Mobius because it won’t recognize the MP40s and won’t downgrade. Anyone know a fix for this.
try and use the controller and press the button config to do a factory reset. I believe I did that with mine when it failed downgrade to ESL and then was able to add back to mobius

dank reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be on the look out hopefully on the next Mobius release as they will be releasing the option to turn the pump to 0% when going into feed mode :)

PurpleMonsterSlayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you really want to turn off equipment the easiest way is to use a dj power strip

dank reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you really want to turn off equipment the easiest way is to use a dj power strip
The issue with using a power strip is when you have had a couple of beers and then you forget to run them back on. Using the app or controller won't care how drunk or tired you are, it will just turn them back on for you :)

Not saying your a drunk or anything ;)

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 73 78.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 8.6%
Back