Mocha ocellaris color change with maturity

pezcadoazul

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the pics of mocha ocellaris clowns online. People, including dealers, tell me that the mocha/orange color will turn black with maturity. Does anyone have experience with these clowns? Do es the change color with age and, if so, does all of their mocha/orange color disappear?

OP
OP
P

pezcadoazul

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, I got a pair 5 years ago, and now they are all black.
Did you know that when you bought them? I'm sure they are beautiful but I like the color of the juveniles. Do they have a docile temperament and get along with tank mates?

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think I knew it when I got them. But it doesn't really matter to me one way or the other.

They're docile in the dynamic of the rest of the tank. They stay in 1 corner of the tank and lay eggs like clockwork. They don't like it when I invade their space, they've never drew blood but are relentless to get me out of their space.

OP
OP
P

pezcadoazul

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think I knew it when I got them. But it doesn't really matter to me one way or the other.

They're docile in the dynamic of the rest of the tank. They stay in 1 corner of the tank and lay eggs like clockwork. They don't like it when I invade their space, they've never drew blood but are relentless to get me out of their space.
Sounds like a maroon that I had for many years and died recently. She didn't accept the mate I got for her, chased other tankmates and bit me anytime my hand went close to her territory. She also killed peppermint shrimp if they ventured close to her corner to clean up food that fell to the sand.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back