Modding 250G2 (Red Sea) Return Pump Line

Ironic_Water

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2023
Messages
130
Reaction score
81
Location
Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy Reef-Ho's, I was wondering if I could get some feedback on an idea I had for the return line on my new tank?

I have a Sicce SDK 7.0 that I'd love to partially hard-plumb. It'd look something like this:

Sicce SDK 7.0 with its 3/4" PVC slip onto a T PVC slip pipe - one outlet going to my dual chamber reactor, the other continuing up to my return nozzle on the DT.

Then, before the return barb to the DT, PVC slip adaptor to a barb - maybe 3/4 for tubing? Then into the Red Sea barb for the other end of the flexible tubing.

Problem - Red Sea barb is weird and small... I think 16mm? Anyone have experience popping it out and putting in a 3/4" barb instead?

Looks like this...

How do I do that juicy 3/4" barb instead? :s
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new