Moderator Eatbreakfast moving and deleting threads

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told to post a new thread on here if I wanted to question the actions of a moderator. Eatbreakfast moved thread "https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/disappointed-to-say-the-least-with-pieces-of-the-ocean.467803/" from 'Pieces of the ocean' to 'vendor experience' section and deleted all posts except ones from the thread starter. Eatbreakfast moved this thread however left all the positive threads in the 'Pieces of the ocean' subform. I feel this is inappropriate and either all feedback should be moved to the vendor experience section or none should be moved.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure who told you to post this here or anywhere because they are wrong. Please familiarize yourself with the terms of service every member agrees to when becoming a memeber:
https://www.reef2reef.com/help/terms

Specifically this part:

* Be mindful of yourself and others. This forum is not a democracy; it is privately owned and we make the rules. If rules are violated we retain the right at our discretion to remove, edit or delete posts and, if necessary, ban or remove members. Any abuse toward our staff may/will result in immediate suspension of your account. Complaints about moderator decisions may not be made in posts; instead send a private message to a moderator. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned. Do not repost deleted material.

OP
OP
H

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the 'Pieces of the ocean' sub form there have been other people who have left positive feedback about their experience with that vendor. Those were allowed to say in that sub form. The negative one was moved to vendor experience. This would create a misconception of anyone looking at the vendors page. Either all of the feedback (positive or negative) should be moved to the vendor experience section, or none of it should be moved. To only move the negative one is inappropriate.

Also I was told to post here in the same alert that my message was deleted.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the 'Pieces of the ocean' sub form there have been other people who have left positive feedback about their experience with that vendor. Those were allowed to say in that sub form. The negative one was moved to vendor experience. This would create a misconception of anyone looking at the vendors page. Either all of the feedback (positive or negative) should be moved to the vendor experience section, or none of it should be moved. To only move the negative one is inappropriate.
Feel free to report those and we will move them if they need to be moved. Breaking feedback forum rules and posting things like this isn’t the way to achieve moving threads. There are tons of posts on this forum and us mods can’t see them all. Again if you think something should be moved report them.

OP
OP
H

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was not attempting to violate the rules, just doing what I was told in the alert. I have attached the alert.

deleted thread.JPG

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well now that you know it’s against the rules please just report anything you have an issue with and pm a staff member with any concerns in the future. Thank you

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
upload_2018-10-5_14-50-3.jpeg

chipmunkofdoom2

Always Making Something
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I can't speak for the positive reviews in the vendor's forum, it's better to have negative feedback threads in the Vendor Feedback Forum. The Vendor Feedback Forum has more strict rules on what content is allowed and what is not. This keeps the thread free of outside posts that will clutter up the thread. It also prevents parties that were not involved in the transaction from challenge either the poster's story or the vendor's story.

I can't say for sure if it's best to have all vendor feedback in the same forum or not. I also don't think R2R has made any rules that state that all feedback must be found in the Vendor Feedback Forum, so to the best of my knowledge, no rules or conventions are being broken here. I do think the Vendor Feedback Forum is the best place for hashing out issues with vendors because of the rules in place that govern how threads in that forum operate.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My apologies for any confusion. I suggested pming a mod or posting here. The reason being is that we recieve a lot of people that voice concerns over comments being deleted and vendors being protected. So I was hoping to address some of these concerns, but as luck would have it I received an important phone call before I could do so.

Our sponsors are a valuable componant to this forum and they pay to be able to do business here. There ability to do business is limited to their own subforum and addressing issues in the Feedback forum. Since they are paying for their own subforum, view it as an extension of their business. Positive feedback in their subforum can essentially be viewed as testimonials.

However, since all feedback is valuable to our community negative feedback isn't deleted or removed, it is just put in the Feedback forum so there is still a record. Even in cases where there was a positive resolution and the op asks for it to be removed we DO NOT remove it, as the whole process speaks to how a particular company handles their business and treats their customers.

As far as removing outside comments, this is done so the communication process remains clear. In some cases a mob mentality can develop and people without first hand experience begin attacking. In other cases the op gets attacked for being unreasonable.

Recently, we even changed our rules to allow others to put links of their own feedback thread with a particular company, so that readers can see a more complete picture.

These decisions are not made lightly, and no 1 moderator makes these decisions on their own. Any decisions were made by the moderation team as a unit.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back