OP
Lilmatty5dimes

Lilmatty5dimes

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, got a goldmeister chalice, god of war zoa, blue hornets, rainbow zoa today. Yesterday got another sunny d frag that's a sick piece. And getting a neon toadstool. Pics to come later when everything is opened. Looks like I can't keep any caps or montis right now. Seems to look good and after 4-5 days all the color faded out.

OP
OP
Lilmatty5dimes

Lilmatty5dimes

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, finally got around to doing a water change. I've been really bad at this and the algae is starting to tick me off a lil so operation getting back on track is in full swing. lol plus a few of my sps aren't looking so hot. Plus, it also helps I'm taking out this black sand and going barebottom. I've had enough of it sticking to the magnet and the bottom 1" always dirty. And it seems to stick anywhere it lands. So say goodbye. Now for what everyone like some reef ****.
New fts 11/14/2015

New sand bed

Rainbow zoa(top) darth maul(middle), & VDM(bottom)

Wow or wobbegong

Rastas and utters

Blondes rasta and utters again

Newest sunny d

Red planet(front), joe the coral(right), & ponape birdsnest(left)

Gold meister chalice and dead aqua

Better red planet(top down)

Joe the coral doing a lot better. Got it and it was all brown with a ton of algae on it. (top down)

Ponape not looking to good might move it down in the tank to try and color it up. (top down)

Chucky's brides, everlasting gobstopper, king Midas and super saiyan

Top is sunny d lighting has a big effect on these. Rastas, blondes, utters again.

bmoore92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, wednesday night i went and checked the parameters again and everything was looking good so i went ahead and transferred everything over to the new cad light tank. thursday was my day off and i got the rest of the equipment moved over and cleaned up so the new tank as of thursday is official. lol i plugged in my neo-therm and the temp on the tank was 86 or thats where it was blinking at so i think that the temp. hopefully the reason why my one bigger chalice is looking bad. had a small lil leak on one of the aqua clear that was an easy fix. the lights are 100% blue and about 40% white.

heres a few pics i took with the iphone and the gel filters.

FTS

IMG_1050_zps312daf60.jpg

corals

IMG_1044_zps4b19fb0a.jpg

acans

IMG_1051_zps086fc04b.jpg

IMG_1046_zpsc6d5b257.jpg

chalices

only thing that has taken a beating on the transfer.

IMG_1054_zpsbafe72f0.jpg

IMG_1053_zpsf6444c6a.jpg

What is that chalice on the last picture of this post? I have the same one but no name for it.

Stephanie11

Fragaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank, chuck full of goodness. I hope everything flourishes for you. Keep the pics coming.

OP
OP
Lilmatty5dimes

Lilmatty5dimes

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I found a used radion gen 1 fixture for $250 so I jumped on it and will be upgrading the lights on here. Hoping for some better growth with the radion. I know I'll get better color with the radion which I'm excited to see.
On a plus note I've done a 2g wc, 5g wc and another 5g wc to get the black sand out and ive got just the back part left which I'm going to need to take the top rock off and out to get everything. Plan on that tomorrow but so far I'm loving the BB look.
FTS

Acans are finally glued down. Going to try and make an acan rock

Darth maul

VDM

Flower petal

Sunny d & neon toad

Frogspawn

Mystic sunset monti

Chalices

Green convict chalice

Sps

OP
OP
Lilmatty5dimes

Lilmatty5dimes

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This weeks updates. Took a nice trip over to Orlando and saw an epic tank. Met another reefer and saw what mh and t5 can do to a tank. Going back old school and seeing a tank that's 8 years old was awesome. Here's a pic of what I picked up. Hawkins, Cali tort, raspberry & blueberry nasuta, Paris Hilton, green slimer, and probably my favorite crayola. Wish I got a fire and ice and some monti's but I need to let these settle first. And save up some money. Also added 2 banggai cardinals. I'm not sure if they're a pair or not. Hopefully they will become one. Here's a few crappy pics.

In the middle there's another piece of slimer. Need to clean up the piece because it was on the botttom

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lilmatty5dimes

Lilmatty5dimes

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, another big update. Bought a deep blue 30g rimless for a killer deal. Came with a custom(over built stand), custom acrylic sump, and all the plumbing for it. Just need a union to finish it. Still need a return pump, skimmer, dry rock, and few power heads so it'll be dry for quite awhile. Always wanted a 30g rimless for a frag tank next to my huge display. Lol one small step at a time.

OP
OP
Lilmatty5dimes

Lilmatty5dimes

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, scored huge again. Had a local selling a jbj 12g tank with an AI nano and controller for $230. Jumped all over this 3 minutes after he posted it saying I'll buy it. Think I did really good here.

Counted about 20+ heads of frogspawn, 5-6 heads of torch, 30+ heads orange acan, 5 head blasto, single Duncan, really nice clown and chromis. Also found this wellso for $20 that I don't think I'm going to be able to get cause of the bare bottom as not having any room at all in the tank. Here's the wellso

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back