Modifying overflow box

TheShrimpNibbler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been working on adding a sump for a bit now and had been planning to modify the overflow box to have a bean animal drain. The plan was to have the main siphon pipe, the durso pipe, and then drill an extra hole at the top of the box for the emergency line. In all of my planning I failed to realize that there isn’t enough room in the overflow box for two 90 degree elbows for the drains. Is it a problem if I only use one elbow for the siphon and durso? If that won’t work, would it be possible to remove the two pieces of acrylic showed in the picture below so that I can fit both elbows?

287C5B68-F630-4C42-8C17-DD1A63D237D3.jpeg

TDEcoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just use an open pipe for the main siphon, put a "U" on the backup, and use a straight piece of pipe for the emergency. I've cut down two 90s and glued them together when I need it to fit in a tight spot before.

OP
OP
TheShrimpNibbler

TheShrimpNibbler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just use an open pipe for the main siphon, put a "U" on the backup, and use a straight piece of pipe for the emergency. I've cut down two 90s and glued them together when I need it to fit in a tight spot before.
Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. I should be able to just put the 90s above those acrylic pieces if I only need them on one side.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back