Mold!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kershaw
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kershaw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 11, 2015
Messages
2,560
Reaction score
1,504
Location
sacramento, ca
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so it is winter time and due to the windows and doors being shut. I am gettting some mold growing to just the right of my tank on the cealing. This happened last year. But it was a little spot that I treated with a bleach/water soaked rag. There are 3 large spots. I am thinking of covering my tank with a large price of plastic then spraying cealing. Issue is it is popcorn cealing so I can't just wipe it. Any other thoughts? Or what can prevent this?
 
so it is winter time and due to the windows and doors being shut. I am gettting some mold growing to just the right of my tank on the cealing. This happened last year. But it was a little spot that I treated with a bleach/water soaked rag. There are 3 large spots. I am thinking of covering my tank with a large price of plastic then spraying cealing. Issue is it is popcorn cealing so I can't just wipe it. Any other thoughts? Or what can prevent this?
Reef Lover is correct, dehumidifier would work but you also need to treat the area on ceiling with Kiltz Primer in order to kill the mold
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new