mollies

  • Thread starter Thread starter john hill
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

john hill

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 20, 2008
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
has anyone put mollies in there reef tanks
if so how was they did they get along with every thing or were they just trouble
 
I had a pair of black mollies in my 29g, but the recent move over to my biocube didn't go so well for them. They were fine in the 29g and didn't bother anything and roamed around the tank at the top and bottom picking at algae for a few months.

I've had sliver mollies before in my old tank and they behaved differently than the black ones, or at least their grazing behavior did. Overall I wouldn't do it again. They don't do as well with higher current and I think that is what eventually got to my black mollies.

BTW, they don't bother any other fish, but they will compete for food when feeding the tank.
 
My buddy fed his frogfish them! That was FUN to watch ;0
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new