Mollusk of some sort?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kzguns
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kzguns

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2018
Messages
191
Reaction score
134
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got this zoa colony week or so ago. Assumed this was just an old shell stuck to this rock/colony. I was looking at my tank when the lights started to fade for the evening and it closed then opened up. I was like whoa! So what do you guys think it is? Just some generic mollusk?
4638419ac85a31c331abe64f4d2360c7.jpg
ada0581ac27a6da42831013ce1991eb5.jpg
 
Awesome. Best hitchhiker I’ve had that’s for sure
 
How old is your tank? I wonder how long it will make it. I had a similar mollusk (golden something) I got with some TBS rock . I lasted for quite a while. Finding what they need to eat could be a challenge. If it came on a frag it obliviously was doing well. Good luck !
 
How old is your tank? I wonder how long it will make it. I had a similar mollusk (golden something) I got with some TBS rock . I lasted for quite a while. Finding what they need to eat could be a challenge. If it came on a frag it obliviously was doing well. Good luck !

Little over 4 months now. Ya it’s nearly completely covered in zoas. Lfs didn’t mention anything, I assumed it was just a shell stuck to the rock so did they most likely. I wouldn’t know what to even try to feed it. Never had anything like this in any of my other tanks so I’m clueless about them lol.
 
I’ve discovered at least 3 more. They are completely covered in polyps but while I was watching a snail plow through they were closed up and can see them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 23.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new