Molly on reef tank QT?

hybridshrimp_

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 9, 2018
Messages
26
Reaction score
27
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to acclimate molly from FW to SW today, however can some diseases of FW fishes brought into my reef tank? Do I need to QT them before putting it into my DT? I've read that most freshwater diseases like FW ich can't survive in saltwater, but what about internal parasites, flukes, etc.
Thanks :)
 
Hmm... just wondering, why do you want to do that? Mollies have a shorter lifespan in saltwater, even though they wont die.
 
Hmm... just wondering, why do you want to do that? Mollies have a shorter lifespan in saltwater, even though they wont die.
Algae control, and simply its beauty lol
 
I see. It should be fine. I never heard of freshwater illness occuring in saltwater because most FW fishes cannot exist in SW. The only reason why the molly can survive is because its a brackish fish. It should be okay. But the molly would be stressed.
 
Okay then, thank you very much!
 
Algae control, and simply its beauty lol

If you want algae control a tailspot blenny or lawnmower blenny would be much better for a salty config.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new