OP
monkiboy

monkiboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
built a small catwalk behind tank to make standing and working in tank much easier. this is not complete and will need some redgard and maybe a piano hinge although I don't see needing access much at this moment

RzE9TDf.jpg

aO7cXKz.jpg

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome tank setup. This is gonna be sweet. Surprised you went with xr blues, seems like they attract a lot of hate in these parts lol. Looks like a ton of work but it'll be beautiful

OP
OP
monkiboy

monkiboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome tank setup. This is gonna be sweet. Surprised you went with xr blues, seems like they attract a lot of hate in these parts lol. Looks like a ton of work but it'll be beautiful
thanks for the reply and checking it out. i hear nothing but lamenting from folks who went with pros wishing they went with blues and never the other way around. i do like a more blue tank so based on that and performance from trusted growers with them, I went with them.

what feedback or experience with them do you have? I am always open for critical feedback.

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure they'll be great! I've got an xr15 blue and I'm happy. Besides, it's your tank :p

CoralDanimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the reply and checking it out. i hear nothing but lamenting from folks who went with pros wishing they went with blues and never the other way around. i do like a more blue tank so based on that and performance from trusted growers with them, I went with them.

what feedback or experience with them do you have? I am always open for critical feedback.
If you plan to run the AB spectrum, XR30 Blues are the way to go in my opinion. I have 3 on my 4’x2’x2’ and I love them.

OP
OP
monkiboy

monkiboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
custom modular marine overflow. took two iterations but got it right finally.

one thing to note is that they cannot work with sch80 bulkheads like i REALLY wish they could/would for the internal to external box.

nonetheless, we will make it work.

internal weir box was increased to 30"
internal weir uses slots instead of teeth for optimal skimming efficiency and flow through as I will be pushing at least 3500gph
height of external box increased to 16" (24x8x16)

OP
OP
monkiboy

monkiboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
some aquascaping work in the freezing cold car port before getting to move the entire operation inside.

OP
OP
monkiboy

monkiboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
more aquascape angles...and start of a new structure with the marco foundation flat bottom pieces...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 14 16.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.2%
Back