Monti cap. Growth or bleach?

  • Thread starter Thread starter goober
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

goober

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 11, 2017
Messages
109
Reaction score
149
Location
Calgary
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a frag a few weeks ago to my tank and over the last couple weeks I've noticed this white edge which has also curled up a bit. Is this cap bleeching?

Thanks!
20171015_183251.jpg
 
I'm going with growth as well, I believe the pic makes it look like it's bleaching. If it wasn't there before, the cupping on the edges are a sign of growth.
 
Does that cupping eventually plane out or are they reaching for more light? I have a green monti cap and I know its growth as new polyps are on the curked edges but wasnt sure if maybe I should lift it up higher? It's about 6 inches from my sb almost directly under the center of the light. 29 biocube rebuilt with AI prime HD. Light is about 10 inches above water
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new