Monti cap growth

Reef-_-Noob

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 23, 2022
Messages
297
Reaction score
92
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up this red Monti cap. I like the caps and also wanted to try something a bit more difficult in the tank.

My tank is about 10 months and parameters have been stable. All other corals are growing.

I'm wondering how long it takes to see growth. My other corals needed to adjust to the tank before I noticed growth, I'm wondering since the tank is more mature and stable if growth will happen faster.

Also a general question here for more experienced reefers... when you place a new coral do you begin to see growth immediately??
 
Monti
 

Attachments

  • 20230312_193526.jpg
    20230312_193526.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 139
Montis are a pretty undemanding, quick growing coral. Once they are comfortable they grow like a weed. I actually shut down my last tank due to out of control monti growth lol. To answer your question, growth depends on the coral. I normally see encrusting within a week or so but some definately are quicker than others.
 
Be warned they are weeds. I just threw away about 10 pieces 3-4 inches in diameter each. It takes over quickly. Red Monti Cap.
 
1.5 years in my tank. Don’t know what to do about it.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6957.jpeg
    IMG_6957.jpeg
    218.8 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_6954.jpeg
    IMG_6954.jpeg
    238 KB · Views: 134
Yup, I used to break chunks off at regular intervals. A super fast grower in the right conditions.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new