Monti Cap Spiral

  • Thread starter Thread starter mpatient
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
You can’t force it to spiral it’s a “natrual” growth pattern
 
I have three Monti cap frags coming (red, green, blue). Would love to spiral them, but not sure how. Any suggestions?

They will do what they want to do. There's no control that I'm aware of.

DSC_0101.JPG


Mine goes all over.
 
Whenever I break a piece of monti while doing maintenance, I put the piece in the center of the colony. The pieces will fuse and start an interesting growth pattern.
 
Sorry of I did not clarify. I am wanting to the three colors to intertwine grow into each other

Oh, that's a different story then. All you can do is glue them together and hope that they are compatible. I haven't had any luck grafting my montis. One color always dominates the other and grows over it.
 
Whenever I break a piece of monti while doing maintenance, I put the piece in the center of the colony. The pieces will fuse and start an interesting growth pattern.
Wow I just broke a piece two days ago and decided to try this. I look forward to see how it will grow now!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new