Monti help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Swfiend
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Swfiend

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 27, 2017
Messages
156
Reaction score
108
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for some reason I can’t keep montis in my tank. They do great for a while then start to bleach and die.

I’ve had plating and encrusting and now my setosa is doing it. Grew a little frag to a branching colony and all of a sudden the branches are all turning white along with the base but the polyps are still the bright orange and I can tell there is some death as I’m starting to get minor amounts of algae on the exposed skeleton.

Millie’s smooth skins slimers all doin fine just montis in all different parts of the tank. Not seeing bite marks or anything crawling on them I’m stumped
 
Sometimes a tank, for whatever reason, can't grow certain type of coral. Maybe wait another year and try again?
 
I was the montipora killer . I found skimming wet helped a lot and Lanthanum chloride helped me keep nutrients down ( phosphate ) I started skimming so wet that I was walking the edge with overflowing. It took a couple months of that . Oh water changes always helps.
 
Low potassium is a montipora killer if you've ruled out every other thing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new