Monti ID please

Osaurus

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 6, 2019
Messages
89
Reaction score
126
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I just picked up this frag at my LFS and wanted to get some opinions on what type of monti this is. The colors look a little pale/sad from what I think they could be. It doesn't really resemble my mystic or regular sunset (I'll attach pictures of those for comparison). Each polyp is nearly 50/50 blue and dark green. Thanks in advance for any help!

20191212_150837.jpg 20191212_150706.jpg 20190508_110519.jpg 20190508_110454.jpg
 
Looks like some sunset and mystic sunset. Encrusting montiporas
Thanks for the response, the one in question is in the first two photos. I'm familiar with the mystic sunset and regular sunset, but the other one has me scratching my head.
 
Thanks for the response, the one in question is in the first two photos. I'm familiar with the mystic sunset and regular sunset, but the other one has me scratching my head.
My apolagies, that is a different looking montipora. Look up megachrome montipora, I believe that has a similar look
 
No need to apologize. Thank you for trying to help!
 
My apolagies, that is a different looking montipora. Look up megachrome montipora, I believe that has a similar look
Yeah, you nailed it. Thank you very much.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new