Monti on glass

I have a sunset monti on my back overflow.

conflict.jpg
 
Why not cut a piece of black acrylic to size and go with your original "encrusting monti" plan? That way it wont damage the back wall.
 
Why not cut a piece of black acrylic to size and go with your original "encrusting monti" plan? That way it wont damage the back wall.


+1, and you will get to keep your coral. Although, you may have to redo your rock and what not to put the acrylic in place.
 
That's why I was thinking of an encrusting monti

oops you did say encrusting didn't you...lol I agree though it will take over the entire back wall and you will never get it off if you need to. I have a sunset on a round rock and I will never let it touch the glass or any other piece of rock. Once they take off, there is no stopping them.
 
Nice looking picture Rossco - I see you have GSP on there too...almost my whole top half of my back wall has GSP. I would totally prefer the sunset though!
 
i scrape encrusting montys off the glass of my 125 aga all the time with a fresh razor. makes for almost instant encrusting action on the plugs and the glue bonds great to the uniform flatness of the coral.acrilic would scrape all up but glass workes great.just my 2cents.
 
hmm, thanks deep blue. I have a monti cap that has grown up my back wall from the bottom, looks like a 10" fan on the back wall now. I snap off any protrusions that it grows out into the tank. I was wondering if I was ever going to be able to get it off the back wall... eh whatever, its just idaho grape anyway, stuff is like a weed...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new