Monti war

  • Thread starter Thread starter THE BEAUT
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

THE BEAUT

Luv Golf
View Badges
Joined
Oct 9, 2006
Messages
1,181
Reaction score
5
Location
Ft Lauderdale
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone seen this before. Slowly but surely these guys have grown very close together. As you can see they are dif montis. One with large and one with small polyps. The orange one is the one shooting out the filaments. I thought montis could touch each other with no problems.

sep1007105.jpg
 
very cool

they can sense chemically,when they are near another coral. They shoot their guts out and basically eat the other coral.....learned that in marine bio...

maybe a different type of montipora....?
 
I've seen some crazy wars going on in my tank... I think I've got everyone situated right now, where no one's ticked off.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new