Monti with vermitids growing underneath

Pennywise the Clown

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 20, 2018
Messages
613
Reaction score
584
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have noticed that my monti has 3 vermitid snails growing on its underside. They don't seem to be bothering it but I don't want them to spread.
The monti has encrusted on the rock which cam be seen in the photo. Would it be possible to remove it without damaging it?
20190916_181208.jpg
 
If you can use a thin edge tool you can poke at the very bottom to remove or if the coral or rock can be removed then you can do it outside of your tank rather than inside your tank.
 
I just removed a large branch from my tank yesterday and removed about 200 little booger’s. Lucky I let the branch just lean than anchor it down. I should have taken photos of the branch I did photo my shrooms with them on it.

B2344A7D-41B5-492E-8B3D-58CA4F46D674.jpeg 75968EF5-EC46-4690-B2D4-023272198E3E.jpeg 8D0F6D3C-E37D-41E3-B322-8110612AC837.jpeg 139F58C7-B4F1-4E5D-9BBA-C418925FD238.jpeg F1FCDE2B-AD48-4782-ADE8-C159C0812E30.jpeg
 
If you can use a thin edge tool you can poke at the very bottom to remove or if the coral or rock can be removed then you can do it outside of your tank rather than inside your tank.
Thank you. The snails are actually hidden in the shadow just to the left of where the monti is encrusting at the front. It will be very difficult to get at them unless I pull it out.
I'm not sure if what will happen to the encrusting part. I don't want to break the coral.
 
I understand. You may also try to use frag glue on them them will spread. Even worse when dosing calcium
 
Yes, agreed ..You can cover up with frag glue.
I also have some long tweezers that I have have been pretty successful with removing them at base without damaging
 
I have a lot to but I just busted them off
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new