Montipora and AEFW

  • Thread starter Thread starter hanas
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

hanas

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 4, 2018
Messages
43
Reaction score
29
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know AEFW don’t live or feed on Montipora, but can they hitchhike on them?

I bought one from a local reef store that I would never feel comfortable buying Acros from for that reason, but should I be worried about adding a Montipora, since I highly suspect their Acros have AEFWs.
 
Technically yes, if the frags were in close proximity

I don’t think it’s too likely they’ll have eggs laid on the monti unless the frags we’re physically touching, but AEFW could definitely be on it as adults as they make their way to the next acro
 
Thanks, now I feel like I shouldn’t even bother adding it. I have some higher end Acros but always liked the Tubbs Stellata and bought a nice chunk today for $30.
 
It’s probably fine after removing plug and dip, but I’d never do it. I have too much paranoia.

I’ve been through AEFW before. It’s traumatizing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new