Montipora Bubblegum

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 22, 2021
Messages
2,054
Reaction score
2,054
Location
Switzerland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys

So well, I did receive a pretty nice frag of a bubblegum monti. When I received it it had pretty clear and big toxic green tips.

Now as the monti is in my tank the green tips are slowly getting less and less green. I do see some growth for sure with the white tips thats for sure.

So what is the secret of getting a bubblegum monti to color up green tips?

My params are all ok.

po4 0.05
no3 5
ca 440
alk 8
temp 24,5 degrees celsius
salinity 35ppm
mg 1320

any ideas?
 
Hello guys

So well, I did receive a pretty nice frag of a bubblegum monti. When I received it it had pretty clear and big toxic green tips.

Now as the monti is in my tank the green tips are slowly getting less and less green. I do see some growth for sure with the white tips thats for sure.

So what is the secret of getting a bubblegum monti to color up green tips?

My params are all ok.

po4 0.05
no3 5
ca 440
alk 8
temp 24,5 degrees celsius
salinity 35ppm
mg 1320

any ideas?
It is most likely a lighting thing. Montis in my experience can look drastically different under even just the smallest different in lighting compared to where you bought from.
 
24.5 C is on the low end of the temperature spectrum with 22.2 C being the winter low on the Great Barrier Reef. You might want to raise the temperature to 25.5 C.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new