IMG_1040.jpg

does anybody know why this can happen?

Last edited:

T_BONE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless it’s a grafted monti, something could have came in contact with it that upset the monti. Causing slime and or slight color change due to polyp extension? I know that I have a couple frags from the same mother colony and placed in different par levels has an affect on the coloration. None of these could be your issue but these are things I have seen with mine. Maybe one of the pros will chime in soon with a little more insight.

OP
OP
Da8

Da8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no, it's not gratfted, grow that way...coloration seems to expand. maybe something came in contact with it, but not sure of what happend. nothing noticeable.

thanks for your contribution.

T_BONE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I could be of more help. Mine sometimes get that kind of “streaking” when a hermit crawls across it. That’s about the closest thing I have seen to that in my tank anyway.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any coral with green pigments could have touched it causing this coral to get the green streaks. It’s green protein infection i would say and hopefully it keeps it and doesn’t fade out one day, pretty cool! Different from a graft but it can hold and in the end is basically the same thing.

OP
OP
Da8

Da8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any coral with green pigments could have touched it causing this coral to get the green streaks. It’s green protein infection i would say and hopefully it keeps it and doesn’t fade out one day, pretty cool! Different from a graft but it can hold and in the end is basically the same thing.

Have heard about that sort of infection, but is there any concrete information or explanation for this?

Does only happen with green proteins or is any other documented infections??

Thanks!!!

By the way. It started with a small stripe and it just got bigger and bigger, and them multiplied, but haven't got a clue of what started it...

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Looks like a response to alk? Have you added any chemicals/ compounds to the tank last 2-8 weeks?

OP
OP
Da8

Da8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, not really. This started about at least two years ago... But never stopped growing since then.
I used home made balling and now fauna marin, got no clue of what started it.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 29.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back