Montipora eating nudibranch

Yamil Montanez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been a bad week for my tank! I recently posted about one of my colonies suffering from RTN. I got a lot of good info from you fellas reefers and hopefully the issue have being solved. Today I noticed a white spot on my sunset monti and on my angry ants monti. I removed the corals and dipped them in Bayer's, looked and noticed a monti eating nudibranch. I'm planning on removing all my montis and dip them. Should all be concerned about the nudibranch targeting any other corals or this should be enough. What other accion should I take to eliminate this problem? Thanks in advance.

15334776369875800771797780922922.jpg

ZaneTer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having personally suffered with this problem I will suggest this.
1) Dip your frag often
2) Super glue the ENTIRE underside of your frag all the way up to the coral edge........and even a bit into it.

Perseverance is the key here

You might have some luck with wrasses but that really is hit or miss.

Mattrg02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a nasty infestation of them and lost every single montipora. They never touched anything but the montiporas. I’m now going montipora less for a few months before I try again.

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having personally suffered with this problem I will suggest this.
1) Dip your frag often
2) Super glue the ENTIRE underside of your frag all the way up to the coral edge........and even a bit into it.

Perseverance is the key here

You might have some luck with wrasses but that really is hit or miss.
Having dealt with these guys repeated dips work well, I would also take a toothbrush and scrub the dead zones and the plug or around the rock it’s on to knock off the eggs. From what I’ve seen they like to lay there eggs on the dead eaten portions of the coral not the live parts so thats why I scrub those areas with a toothbrush. You could also Frag off the good portions away from the damaged areas and throw away the rest of the live,dead infested area.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back