Zoa Eating Nudibranch - Now what?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jxw6963
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
How are they with inverts?
(Adult size)
I start to not trust him whit sexy shrimp and smaller.
So anything bigger then sexy shrimp is good.

I have, Porcelain crab, pitho crab, Emmerald crab,
cleaner shrimp. All good

Pod's are almost inexistant in that tank lol
Great hunter!

Sand and cover needed.
 
Last edited:
I have a H. Leucoxanthus in 24x24x18 for 2 years now.
"If they eat" zoa nudibranch (probably, but i don't know)

i suggest H. Leucoxanthus or H. chrysus.
Both peaceful... unlike damsel.
But need confirmation if they eat those nudi.
I have a leucoxanthus and a Springeri Damsel in my tank. I had a second Springeri at one point. Both Springer's and the leucoxanthus are peaceful.
 
How are they with inverts?
My leucoxanthus eats Trochus snails if they get flipped over occasionally. Hermits are still alive after almost 2 years with him. I have Nassarius, Nerite, Cerith, Trochus, Turbo, and Astrea snails plus red leg, blue leg, Halloween, and Scarlett hermits. I also had a Peppermint shrimp for around 18 months.

As @Patx said though, with any fish it's "if they eat them". Most will readily go after flatworms. Nudis are a little different both because they mostly are nocturnal and because they are brightly colored which can be scary looking to fish.
 
My leucoxanthus eats Trochus snails if they get flipped over occasionally. Hermits are still alive after almost 2 years with him. I have Nassarius, Nerite, Cerith, Trochus, Turbo, and Astrea snails plus red leg, blue leg, Halloween, and Scarlett hermits. I also had a Peppermint shrimp for around 18 months.

As @Patx said though, with any fish it's "if they eat them". Most will readily go after flatworms. Nudis are a little different both because they mostly are nocturnal and because they are brightly colored which can be scary looking to fish.
I quickly read up all those years on Damzel "in general" and put them all in the same buket, like the 6-line wrass etc...
If these Damsel are Peaceful, I think in terms of size they're better suited for a 45g tank.
I find that okay for H. leucoxanthus but a bit borderline.
 
Would you consider selling a few of them? I’ve been wanting to my hands on some.

Otherwise, I’ve had luck using peppermint shrimp as predators of similar nudibranchs.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new