Montipora flaking apart - Help needed

tmillen68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this Montipora that within the last 3 days in starting to flake apart in the center of the coral. It has been in tank for over a year and has quadrupled in size. Any ideas as to why or what could cause this?

Just within the last two weeks I did have a temperature spike in the tank that I didn't catch for a few days, 78 is normal and temp got to 82 degrees. Temp is back under control.
Parameter's are consistent Alk 8.6, Mg 1420, CA 390, its a 180 gallon SPS dominant tank that has been set-up for 3 years. Nitrates 22 and phosphates .004 are checked weekly as is a low nutrient system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Green Monti.jpg

OP
OP
T

tmillen68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, nothing has been on it, but it has gotten worse everyday. Dying from the inside out.

On Monti eating nudibranch's, I have added 20+ nudibranch's to the system in the last couple of months from Reeftown. Could there possibly have been some in there not sure. But neither of my other two Monti's are having this issue.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, nothing has been on it, but it has gotten worse everyday. Dying from the inside out.

On Monti eating nudibranch's, I have added 20+ nudibranch's to the system in the last couple of months from Reeftown. Could there possibly have been some in there not sure. But neither of my other two Monti's are having this issue.
It may be a flow issue if there's not enough flow in that area.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back